A new theme update wills itself into existence today, v1.3. Head on over to the Download Page to grab it.
About this Update:
- Includes the latest pull (as of 02/15/18) from the Bootstrap Git Repository (v4-dev) branch.
- Various escaping and translation fixes to strings and variables in the theme files.
- SEO improvements to the post list pages vs single posts/pages. Any post list style pages like archive.php or index.php will have the Site Title in the header by an <h1> tag. Single post/pages will have the title of the page/post be the <h1> and theSite Title will be downgraded to an <h2>. This should help with search engine indexing.
- Regenerated the devdmbootstrap4.pot file and the en_US.mo / en_US.po files. You can find links to the language files on the Translations page.
- The devdmbootstrap-scss-child theme has also had the latest compiled Bootstrap 4 pull integrated into it.
WordPress Theme Directory Status
A lot of the code changes in this update were the result of v1.2 being shutdown for admittance to the WordPress Theme Directory. I guess it has been a while since I have played that game. Some new tools have emerged that are automating a lot of the Theme Checks. One such tool called, “Theme Sniffer” https://github.com/WPTRT/theme-sniffer was actually really helpful and there were clearly some security flaws with the Theme that needed to be addressed. I have submitted version 1.3 to the Theme Directory but it is missing our SEO tweaks and latest Bootstrap 4 update. Things don’t move very fast over there. I anticipate v1.4 of the Theme to be in sync with the Theme directory. If we get approved. Maybe I can re-submit v1.3 as it is on GitHub. I’ll try.
“In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might Beware my power –Green Lantern’s light!”